Masterclass for Conductors
This two-day masterclass will provide conductors with an opportunity to work with 20th Century Danish a capella choral works that celebrate the return of spring. The ensemble will include professional singers from the Danish Voces Ensemble.
Friday 10 June 15:00-18:00
Saturday 11 June 10:00-12:00
Repertoire will include the following plus others:
- Wilhelm Peterson-Berger: Selected partsongs for choir
- Knut Håkanson: Lustwins Wijsa
- Rued Langgård: Rosengårdsviser
Full rate – DKK 1000
Two scholarships will be reserved for promising talents. Please enquire with your application.
Please see below for further information on Principles for Admission and Application Details
Conductor for a Day
Have you ever dreamed of conducting a choir?
Voces Academy offers a special opportunity for potential talents in conducting, young musicians with burgeoning leadership abilities and singers attracted to the conducting role to come and try their hand at conducting. Come and join us for an intense day of learning how to conduct and an introduction to the art of musical leadership. Experience what it’s like being a conductor for a day in this free event.
You will get:
- Training by internationally recognised conductor and pedagogue, Peter Hanke, and the Voces Academy conductors
- An experienced conductor as a personal mentor for the day
- The chance to conduct the Voces Academy singers
- An opportunity to conduct a short performance within a supportive environment
Saturday 11 June
13:00-14:30 Conducting training and mentoring; Rehearsal with the choir
15.00-16.30 Public presentation; Up to four promising conducting talents will be selected from the group to perform together with the professional singers, mentors and volunteers from the Voces Chamber Choir.
Participation as a Conductor for a Day is free!
Principles for Admission (Masterclass)
Voces Academy masterclasses are designed for conductors with some years of experience, post-graduate level or similar. Up to eight conductors will be accepted on the course.
Applications by May 30, 2016
Applications to be submitted to Christine Reuther, coordinator Voces Academy DK:
Please include the following information:
- name, address, phone number, email address
- short biography including experience as a choral conductor
- links to a video recording of yourself conducting a recent performance or rehearsal
Feel free to ask questions about the content of the masterclass.